Wednesday, November 17, 2010

One of my students added me on facebook this evening. Oh lord. The protocol on this is to not add them as friends. Do I reply to his message though? Times and dates are documented on facebook messages as well as email, but I'm going to address this tomorrow in-person, in-class instead of a reply. The simple "Hi Ms. Gaynor this is Romeo" cracks me up though...but not as much as his self-portrait of a huge, goofy grin topped with a green baseball hat.

Tonight we had a "Family Math Night." Another one of my students, Joey, was there with his parents, his sister, and three of his nieces. The littlest girl is two and has a perfectly round face and a perfectly perky ponytail. In class Joey is a pretty good kid, but gets off track so easily and prefers to draw instead of take notes or do math worksheets. (Really, who can blame him?) But to see him with these three little girls was the coolest thing to me. He was so, so gentle (he's a pretty big kid) and he knew exactly how to carry the two year old and how to coax marker caps out of her mouth. Adorable.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again: I adore my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment